Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Guest Bloggers Wanted! Share Your Story!

This summer, I am hoping to expand this blog to include the writing of others whose lives have been influenced by work with horses. Carole Fletcher, author of the beautiful memoir Healed by Horses, writes:

"The horse did not heal me. It's working with horses that heals, by developing discipline, courage, patience and perseverance. You may come to horses - as I did - unable to walk, unable to cope, disfigured and in disrepair, but what I learned is that horses do not judge by looks or class or reputation. Still, you must earn their respect and cooperation, and out of that comes self-esteem."

Do you identify with what Fletcher has written? Either because you have experienced personal, physical or emotional transformation through working with horses or because you've witnessed such a transformation in others? If so, and you are willing and able to share your story in photos or writing, or through an interview, I would love to hear from you and to feature your story on this page! Please email me!

I also like to review books relevant to the field of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies on this page. Have you read something great recently? Something that touched your heart the way that Fletcher's memoir touched mine? If so and you'd like to review that book for What Horses Teach, please let me know!

Thanks! Hoping to build some momentum on this blog over these hot summer days and would love to share some diverse voices here!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment